Lvl XP d10 --- ----------- --- 1 0 1 2 2500 2 3 5000 3 4 10000 4 5 18000 5 6 36500 6 7 75000 7 8 135000 8 9 235000 9 10 400000 9+2 11 650000 9+4 12 1000000 9+6 (etc) (+300000) (+2) Ability Scores: Strength 13 Constitution 13 Intelligence 14 Wisdom 13 Races Allowed: Human, Korobokuru, Spirit Folk
Samurai must gain certain Proficiencies (Weapon and/or Non-weapon) by the time they attain certain levels, as per:
Katana at 1st level Ride [Land] by 2nd level Daikyu by 3rd level Calligraphy by 6th level Music by 6th level Poetry by 6th level Painting by 6th level
Samurai are honour-bound to their daimyo (lord). They must abide by the code of Bushido, which includes rules for honourable conduct in social life, on the battlefield, and in service to the daimyo. An honourless/masterless Samurai is a Ronin. PCs may not begin play as Ronin, except by purchasing the "Ronin Status" trait below.
A Ronin may not gain followers, or become jito or shugo, whether the Character has become Ronin through play, or by purchase of the "Ronin Status" trait. Note that a PC that does not start as Ronin, but becomes Ronin, may then redeem himself and regain the possibility of jito and shugo responsibilities. A PC that begins as Ronin through the purchase of the Ronin Status trait may redeem himself, but may never achieve jito or shugo status.
A Player must purchase Jito and Shugo status to have the opportunity of gaining those responsibilities. However, purchase of these advantages does not necessarily indicate that the status will be automatically achieved upon attaining the indicated level. It is the decision of the daimyo (ie, the Dungeon Master, based on his role-playing of the daimyo) as to whether these positions are finally offered or not.
Samurai have 85 character points to spend on their abilities. Any unspent poinst can be used to acquire non weapon proficiencies or saved for use during the game.
- Birth Table (10): Character uses the Birth Table.
- Combat Bonus (10): Character recieves +1 To Hit at 2nd level, increasing by +1/3 levels thereafter.
- Suprise Bonus (5): Charcter recieves +1 Surprised @ 3rd level.
- Fear Immunity (5/10/15): Character is immune to Fear (5 to gain ability at fifth level, 10 to gain ability at 3rd, or 15 to gain ability at 1st).
- Cause Fear (10/15/20): The Character can Cause Fear in creatures 1 HD or less, save vs. Breath applicable (10 to gain at 6th level, 15 to gain at 3rd, 20 to gain at 1st).
- d12 Hit Die (10): The character uses 1d12 for Hit Dice.
- Magic Bonus (5): The character recieves a +1 to save versus Magic.
- Increased Movement (5): The character's movement rate base is 15.
- Increased Strength 1 (Ki) (10): The character may Kiai [shout] to gain 18(00) Strength for 1 round, once per day per lvl.
- Increased Strength 2 (Ki) (10): Great Kiai to gain 18(00) Str for 2 rounds, and foes within 10' must save vs. Paralysation or be stunned for one round; cannot use any other Ki in the day this is used.
- Jito Status (5): The character gains 1d4 Samurai of 1st-3rd level, and 10 Bushi of 1st-3rd level to aid Jito responsibilities; status offered at 7th level.
- Shugo Status (10):The character gains 10d10 Bushi to aid Shugo responsibilities; status offered at 8th level.
- Followers (10): The character gains 2d10 1st level Samurai, plus 1d6+1 specialists; gained at 9th level.
- Ronin Status (-10): Precludes the purchase of Jito or Shugo status, or Followers.
- Magical Item Limitations (-5 per category).
Copyright © 1998-2006 Phillip Riley
Last Updated Sat Aug 11, 2007